Position: Young Family Program Coordinator
Direct Supervisor: Senior Rabbi
Status: Regular Part-time (11 months)
Hours/conditions: The position is based on an average of 16 hours per week from August through June. Presence at events is a given.
This position has the responsibility for planning, organizing and implementing a variety of programs and events. Programs cover Jewish holiday celebrations, speakers, educational programs and lectures for young families. Coordinating, planning, marketing, establishing committees where warranted, budgeting and follow ups are all part of this position.
Major Areas of Focus:
- Event programming for Jewish and general holidays, school breaks directed towards families
- General recurring programs for young families and preschoolers
- Coordinating and developing series including education sessions offered by the clergy
- Developing annual program themes to provide a focus for program planning
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Liaising with other Jewish organizations to co-sponsor events and/or share costs for major speakers
- Ensuring the programs are properly administered as regards budget parameters including responsibility for income and expenses, payment of vendors, follow-up and statistical reports.
- Planning and follow up on all logistics to ensure all aspects of the programs run smoothly
- Recruiting the necessary volunteer base to assist, where needed, with program planning and implementation
- Liaising with other staff and working closely with the Director of Youth Engagement
- Managing & running camps
A potential but separate opportunity will be the creation of marketing & communication material for the synagogue such as flyers, posters and newsletter. If you have knowledge and experience with graphic designing then this responsibility could be added to the above position as an additional component.
- A well organized, detail oriented person, and with an outgoing personality is needed to be successful in this position. Creativity, with a good understanding of the needs of young Jewish families is required
- A post graduate degree in a related field, with a minimum of two years of programming with increasing responsibility, is sought
- You must be comfortable working with other professionals, in a high paced atmosphere with high performance expectations
- Socially connected with the Jewish Vancouver Community is an asset
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com