You are invited to join Congregation Beth Israel’s first Family Macabiyah!
6 challenges over 6 weeks
A new challenge will be posted on this website every Wednesday.
Prizes will be awarded to the winners of each challenge.
A grand prize will be awarded to the overall winner.
Prizes are generously donated by the Feldman/Hotz Family
Click on the links below for each week’s challenge. (New challenges posted every Wednesday)
|Week 1||July 15 – 22||Archaeological Dig (Beach)|
|Week 2||July 22 – 29||Cooking Challenge|
|Week 3||July 29 – Aug. 5||Photo Scavenger Hunt (items to find)|
|Week 4||Aug. 5 – 12||Survival Skills|
|Week 5||Aug. 12 – 19||Dance Party Competition|
|Week 6||Aug. 19 – 26||Relay Race|
|Social Action Project||Sunday, Aug. 16||Rosh Hashanah Themed|
How to Compete:
- Have fun!!!
- Teams: Each family unit is a team.
- Time Commitment: Each family will determine how much time they want to spend on each challenge. Families can choose to participate in 1 or more of the challenges.
- Each Wednesday, beginning on July 15, at 2pm, the instructions for each challenge will be posted to this webpage, including a judging rubric.
- Families will have 1 week to finish each challenge.
- While completing each challenge, families will make a video recording of their family doing the activity. (Only participants and judges will be able to view the videos.)
- Families will submit a <5min video clip to Rabbi Bluman by 11 am each Wednesday.
- Judges: Rabbi Bluman, Vanessa Diamond and a member of the USY Board.
- Extras: Some families may want to compete in matching costumes, create a team name, create a team cheer, come up with a secret hand shake.