WE NEED YOU
for a Time and Talents Silent Auction!
Beth Israel wants to showcase the talents and skills of our community while we raise money to benefit our youth programming. We are looking for people to volunteer their expertise, and we’ll auction it off.*
Bidding will begin online in mid-April and will finish at BI’s Post-Pesach Pasta Party on Sunday, April 8. (You don’t need to be present to win an auction item or service.)
Think of one thing (or two or three) you love to do and are good at doing, or making, and contact Rabbi Bluman. Are you an expert baker, a computer whiz, an experienced biker or a fluent Hebrew speaker? Maybe you can set up a home wireless network, you make stunning jewelry, or your teen is a reliable babysitter or tutor. The rest of our community will learn about the talent among us, and it’s unpaid advertising for your business!
- A couple of hours of music instruction (guitar, piano, drums, etc.)
- Teach someone to: use a digital camera, knit, bake bread, organize photos online, fix a bike, etc.
- Home-baked challah (or brownies, cheesecake)
- Small home repairs
- An evening of babysitting or an afternoon mother’s helper
- School tutoring
- Personal training (or guided hiking or cycling)
- Resumé review/editing, interview coaching
- Professional organizing/party planning
- Rent-a-Bubbe/Zayde for an afternoon
- Handmade artwork (hand-knit scarf, custom jewelry)
- Lead a child’s birthday party
- Yard Work
- BBQ Cleaning
Tell us what you can do and lend us your talents!
*Can’t think of a service to donate? We’ll also gratefully accept items for the auction, such as:
- Event tickets (Canucks, Whitecaps, Canadians, VSO, the Opera, Theatre)
- Gift certificates (retail stores, kosher restaurants, salons, etc.)
- Kosher wine
- Guest passes to a museum
- A weekend at Whistler or a timeshare
Please contact Rabbi Bluman for other ideas and assistance: email@example.com.
Silent auctions items should be dropped off in the Beth Israel office.