At Beth Israel we treat everyone as mispacha (family). We welcome Jews of all ages, from all backgrounds and levels of observance – singles, families, LGBTQ, retirees, students, Jews by choice, intermarried couples. We have been growing and welcoming members since 1932.
Congregation Beth Israel is a place…
- to celebrate Jewish holidays and lifecycle events
- where children and teens will flourish and become vital Jewish adults
- to develop life-long friendships with other Jewish people
- to learn more about your heritage/culture and expand your Jewish horizons
- where you will find comfort in times of need
- where every Jew can actively participate in religious services
- where you are valued, supported and included
- to belong…you to us and us to you…generation to generation
Can I Afford to Be a BI Member?
YES: Financial wealth has never been a basis for membership, participation, or recognition. As a community, we rely on each other to make possible all the programs and services provided by BI – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are here when you need us – celebrating simchas and when sadness or tragedy strikes, we are here offering comfort and support.
BI members are asked to honour and support the concept of “fair share” for membership dues, where annual contributions are based on each family’s own financial situation. Over 75% of our income is derived from our membership dues.
Your annual membership contribution provides support for our many spiritual, educational and social programs; as well as for educational programs for our children and for adults. Your membership contribution is your commitment to yourself, your family and to Jewish continuity.