There are many synagogues in the Lower Mainland. So what makes Beth Israel stand out? We believe it’s our love and passion. Love for our synagogue and community and passion for bringing people closer to God, Torah & Israel.
Connecting with other Jewish people and families is not always an easy thing to do – especially in today’s hectic world. So our main aim is to engage with all our congregants – young and old. From family services and child friendly Shabbat dinners to parties for young adults and our seniors Mahjong group, we ensure that no one is left out. Our popular Purim carnival and Hannukah parties have brought people in by the hundreds.
We also organize Shabbat dinners and events for young Jewish adults (early 20s – 40s) which is a fantastic way for people to connect. Our popular monthly ‘Lunch & Learn’ series with Rabbis Infeld & Stein is not to missed. Best of, all they are free and lunch is included!! For lawyers, we also have our ‘Law & Learn’ series which provide lawyers with continuing education credits while discussing relevant topics with a Jewish perspective.
We are always updating and improving our events and programs to ensure that our congregants get a wide range of perspectives and experiences. So come and join our mishpacha. Call Gaynor Levin, at 604-731-4161 x 101 or send an e-mail.
Beth Israel’s Mission Statement
Congregation Beth Israel, a member of the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism, is dedicated to the strengthening of all aspects of Jewish life, including worship and Torah study, religious, educational and social activities for all ages, and the observance of life cycle events.
Beth Israel is committed to:
- Promotion of the principles of the United Synagogue
- Observance, study and daily expression of Jewish customs, values and beliefs
- Enhancement of one’s own spirituality
- Provision of proper facilities and rituals for the observance and celebration of members’ life cycle events such as births, b’nai mitzvah, weddings and deaths
- Continuation and enhancement of a strong and vibrant Jewish community
- Active pursuit of tzedakah within the community
- Development and enhancement of our ties with Israel and Jewish people everywhere